Terms & Conditions
Queenscliff Music Festival Inc Festival Terms and Conditions 2017
To purchase tickets, please read all the Terms and Conditions.
This ticket is sold by Queenscliff Music Festival Inc (ABN 16 774 741 067) a not for profit community based organisation responsible for the Event. The following conditions are of sale (including any resale or subsequent assignment), entry and attendance at the Event.
1. 'You' and 'your' refers to the customer. 'We', 'us', 'our', 'QMF’ and 'Event organiser' refers to Queenscliff Music Festival Inc, its employees, contractors, volunteers and authorised persons. This agreement means these terms and conditions and any other conditions specified by us on our website and booking forms.
2. Tickets are sold subject to QMF conditions of sale and to the terms and conditions of entry of each of the Festival’s venues.
3. All ticket sales are final. Once purchased, tickets are the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Tickets are not transferable under any circumstance. It is a condition of sale that tickets may not be offered for re-sale and they are only valid if purchased from an authorised QMF outlet or www.qmf.net.au website.
4. All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges will be available except in accordance with the applicable Live Performance Australia code of practice for Event Ticketing www.liveperformance.com.au. This is an all-weather Event. No refunds will be made if you choose not to attend due to inclement weather.
5. You must supply your CORRECT FULL NAME at the time of purchase.
6. The BARCODED TICKET is required for entry to the Event. Print the barcoded ticket, or carry the barcoded ticket in your smartphone, and bring to the Event. The barcode is required for scanning at entry. NO BARCODED TICKET NO ENTRY.
7. If entering the Festival as an adult, ID to prove legal age must be shown if required or on demand. Children under the age of 18 will not be allowed to enter the Festival with an adult ticket. Refer paragraphs 8-9 for terms and conditions in relation to children.
8. ACCOMPANIED YOUTH TICKETS: For duty of care reasons, and to be in keeping with the family-based nature of the Event, “Accompanied Youth” tickets can only be purchased in conjunction with an adult ticket or by an adult who has already purchased a ticket. There is a limit of 6 accompanied youths for each Adult ticket. QMF reserves the right to refuse sale of “accompanied youth’ tickets in a bid to thwart any exploitation of the accompanying responsible adult policy. An accompanied youth is aged between 14 and 17 and must be wristbanded with the “responsible adult” who purchased the ticket. The accompanied youth will be wristbanded for the same sessions as the responsible adult who accompanies them. Proof of age for accompanied youth ticket may be required, such as driver learner permit or school ID. QMF also reserves the right to refuse entry to those who present as an “accompanied youth” for wristbanding at the Festival yet who fail to satisfy QMF personnel they are indeed accompanied by the responsible adult who purchased the ticket. [A “responsible adult” is a person who is acting in place of a parent and who could reasonably be expected to exercise responsible supervision of the accompanied youth].
9. Children 13 years and under who are accompanied by a ticketed responsible adult enter the Festival at no charge (limits apply) and must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times at the Event.
10. If QMF determines that the price of tickets set out on its website is in error, persons who have purchased tickets will be contacted. If the error has resulted in the purchaser being overcharged, the amount overcharged will be refunded. If the error has resulted in the purchaser being undercharged, QMF reserves the right to charge the purchaser the balance of the correct ticket price. If ticket holders disagree, tickets can be cancelled and a full refund provided net of the non-refundable booking fee.
11. Tickets sold for the performances at QMF are standing room only unless otherwise stated.
12. Tickets may be purchased Australia wide and internationally, but ticket holders must be present at the venue on the date of the performance. No refunds will be given if the ticket holder cannot attend the Event for whatever reason.
13. Tickets may only be purchased with a credit card issued in the purchaser’s name. Fees and surcharges include GST.
14. Tickets are sold on the express condition that ticket holders are bound by the rules and regulations issued by the organiser, the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and the State of Victoria and the rules and regulations enacted there under.
Artists and venue
15. QMF reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, vary any advertised program, change venue and vary audience capacity. No claim for compensation shall be made in the event that the program is varied due to the non-appearance of an advertised artist.
16. All bags/containers may be subject to a full search. NO ALCOHOL, NO GLASS, NO OPEN DRINK CONTANERS. The Festival event area is licensed – alcohol must not to be brought into the Event: any found will be confiscated. Glass must not be brought into the Event: any found will be confiscated. Sealed drink containers will be permitted to be brought into the Event – the contents of any open container will NOT be permitted into the Event.
17. A valid ticket will be exchanged for a wristband to be fitted at the designated area near the entrance to the Festival and must be worn at all times. Wristbands must remain intact to gain entrance to the Festival. Damage to a wristband (even if accidental) will render it invalid and access to the venue denied.
18. Admission to individual Festival stages is subject to capacity.
19. Ticket holders agree to comply with all QMF security arrangements, as well as those of the venue provider, including personal searches (if deemed necessary by QMF). All GLASS, ALCOHOL, ILLEGAL DRUGS, WEAPONS, or DANGEROUS ITEMS are prohibited and will be confiscated. No claim may be made against QMF or the venue provider for items confiscated. Persons found in possession of illegal drugs, weapons or dangerous items will be removed from the venue and will lose their Festival wristband.
20. QMF or the venue provider may refuse admission to any ticket holder for any reasonable cause and may request any ticket holder to leave the venue for any reasonable cause.
21. Entry is at own risk and the right to refuse entry is reserved by QMF and venue providers. QMF and venue providers shall not be held liable for any loss, injury, or damages sustained entering or on the site – to the extent allowed by the law.
Audio & Visual
22. All ticket holders consent to any official filming and sound recording as members of the audience.
23. The possession or use of video cameras, professional photographic equipment (including SLR with interchangeable lens), other visual, sound recording or transmission equipment is absolutely prohibited. Any person, not in possession of an official QMF Media Pass endorsed for film and/or photography as appropriate, found using a video camera or any device to record performances will be expelled from the venue, will lose their Festival wristband, and may render the offender liable for legal action.
24. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not accept liability of any nature for the acts, omissions or default of those providing services in connection with the Event or any liability for any injury, damage, loss, delay or additional expenses which are incurred at or in association with this Event. Where legislation implies any condition or warranty which cannot be excluded or modified, that condition or warranty will be deemed to be included in this agreement. However, our liability for any breach of such condition or warranty will be limited, at our option, to the resupply of the services or the cost of having the services supplied again. In no event will we be liable for any indirect, consequential, exemplary or special damages.
25. Entry is at the ticket holders own risk. You acknowledge that neither we nor the venue will be responsible for any loss or damage to property (including personal property such as bags, money or other personal items) brought to or purchased at the Event by you our your invitees.
26. The Festival takes no responsibility for any hearing damage or loss, please use ear plugs if necessary.
27. You will be liable for any loss or damage caused at the Event by you or your invitees.
Smoking, alcohol, illegal drugs and glass
28. All under cover venues are smoke free and some external areas may be designated smoke free.
29. THE FESTIVAL EVENT AREA IS LICENSED. Patrons wishing to consume alcohol must be 18 years and over (photographic ID will be required as proof of age) and may only consume alcohol purchased within the Event. We reserve the right to evict patrons who disobey or break Responsible Service of Alcohol legislation and the law. In accordance with legislation, children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult when entering the licensed area. Alcohol may only be consumed within the licensed area. Certain areas of the Festival are deemed ‘dry’ and no alcohol will be permitted.
30. Anyone found supplying or buying alcohol for a minor will be evicted from the Event, will lose their Festival wristband, and criminal charges may be a consequence.
31. Persons found in possession of illegal drugs will be evicted from the Event, will lose their Festival wristband, and may face criminal charges.
32. The whole Festival event area is a GLASS FREE ZONE and no glass shall be brought into any part of the venue. Please do not bring glass into the Event, broken glass and festivals do not mix, consider your fellow humans feet.
34. Trading signs or other signs are not permitted without prior consent of QMF. No ticket holder shall be entitled to do any trading without the written consent of the Event organisers.
35. Ambush marketing will not be tolerated. Setting up a promotional presence within or near the Festival is not allowed without prior written consent of the Event organisers.
36. Tickets cannot be used as part of any marketing, media or sales promotion whether commercial or non-commercial without prior written consent of the Event organisers.
37. In the case of an emergency evacuation or situation, you must follow all QMF and other official directives.
38. No animals will be permitted onto the Festival site, with the exception of guide dogs.
39. Fires and fireworks are not permitted.
40. Activities such as moshing, crowd surfing and stage-diving are not permitted. Patrons engaging in these or other dangerous activities will be evicted from the Event and will lose their Festival wristband.
Environment and community
42. QMF cares for the environment and community. Please be respectful and place any litter in the recycle or other bins provided around the venue. Be waste and water wise - thank you.
43. Please respect our town and neighbours and do not create excessive noise or litter while traveling to and from the Festival.
41. Any breach of any of these terms and conditions will entitle the Event organizers to evict the ticket holder from the venue and confiscate any ticket or wristband, without refund.
42. No promise is made by QMF that this website is error free or that files downloaded from this site are free of viruses or contamination.
43. Footwear must be worn at all times on the site.
44. Animals are not permitted, except in accordance with legislation.