War On Waste
QMF's WAR ON WASTE
In recent years QMF has ramped up our efforts in the war on waste. This year we’re aiming to achieve 80% landfill diversion and reduce our impact on the spectacular environment that is Queenscliff. Separation of waste is the key and we need your help by doing the right thing and using the right bin.
COMPOSTING IS KING
We’ve been working hard with our Food Stalls in an effort to divert waste from landfill by turning it into compost! So this year all our food stalls will be using only compostable packaging including all bowls, plates, cutlery, napkins and cups (including coffee cups and lids). The great news is all of this (including any food scraps) can go straight into our compost bins - easy for you - great for the environment.
QMF IS A SINGLE USE PLASTIC BOTTLE FREE ZONE
All of our Beer & Wine Cups, Carafes are re-usable, and our cocktail cups are compostable. Our QMF food stalls will only be selling cans of soft drink / juice etc. There are plenty of water refill stations throughout the festival, so please #BYOBottle
THINGS WE NEED YOUR HELP WITH
- BYO a reusable drink bottle to QMF
- Follow the instructions of our friendly Green Team volunteers at the Festival. They'll be at our bin stations helping you put things in the correct bin!
- Don't drop your rubbish on the ground - bin stations are located near each stage
- Avoid bringing in to the Festival any soft plastics including plastic bottles, bags, cling wrap etc.
- If you're a smoker, please be considerate of your fellow festival goers and use the designated smoking area near the Hippos Stage.