Alison McKenzie Mentor Program
Queenscliff Music Festival Alison McKenzie Mentor Program
The Alison McKenzie Mentor Program aims to provide an individual with the opportunity to enhance their music career under the guidance of a music industry professional (Ash Grunwald in 2019!). In doing so, the program supports emerging talent in the regions of Geelong, Barwon South West and the Bellarine Peninsula
Eligibility for the program:
1. Open to anyone who is an early career artist up to 25 years old,
2. Artistic merit - judged by the QMF, EAG selection Committee.
3. The applicant must reside in the region of Geelong, Barwon South West, or Bellarine
4. The sustainability of the project beyond the program period.
5. A willingness to learn and be mentored by a music industry professional.
6. Applicant must identify a knowledge or skill/s shortfall in their application.
Mentoring may be for but not restricted to:
1. Professional development
2. Artistic development
3. Song writing
4. Career development opportunities
Unfortunately we will not be running the Alison McKenzie Mentor Program in 2020
Any questions: email@example.com
In memory of valued QMF board member Alison the Alison McKenzie Mentor Program recipient for 2019 is Cooper Lower, a local guitarist and singer/songwriter from Victoria's South West Coast. Cooper's musical intuitions have carried him to audiences at the Melbourne International Guitar Night, Fretmonkey Guitarist Showcase (USA) and Tollwood Sommerfest (Germany). Cooper Lower will be mentored by Ash Grunwald.
"A slither of genius embodies the nomad Cooper Lower. An exquisite live performance pioneered by soaring vocal highs, sombre lows and a seamless symphony of percussive guitar and melody. Brilliant, articulate, perceptive - go see this young player!" - Danial Naqvi (Medium, UK)