* AUSLAN INTERPRETED - SATURDAY ONLY*
The talents of indie-pop artist Jem Cassar-Daley have dazzled the Australian music scene since her debut in 2021.
Jem's debut EP I Don't Know Who to Call released in 2022, a devastatingly gorgeous collection of all of the singer-songwriter's works to date quickly gained her notoriety and adoration.
Jem’s captivating performances, stellar vocals and timeless song writing have earned her a strong list of nominations and awards already, impressive Spotify and Apple editorial playlist support along with nationwide press, including being named as the star to watch in 2023 in the Queensland Sunday Mail.
- NIMA New Talent of the Year Winner 2022
- QMA Indigenous artist of the year Winner 2022 for ‘Letting Go’
- Triple J Unearthed competition winner to support Gang of Youths for ‘A More Perfect Union’ 2022
- Smugglers of Light Foundation Music and Media Award finalist 2022
- NIMA Album of the Year finalist 2022
- Thelma Plum national tour support 2022
- QMA Billy Thorpe Scholarship finalist 2022 and 2023
- QMA Carol Lloyd Scholarship finalist 2023
- ‘By the Sea’ featured in Home and Away episode- 2023
Jem is a proud Gumbaynggirr/Bundjalung woman who comes from a long line of storytellers. This young talent has come into her own as a contemporary artist, with a world class sound that is a unique combination drawing from favourites like Missy Higgins, Phoebe Bridgers, Angus and Julia Stone, and Carole King. As imagined, the result is a gorgeously diverse soundscape of soul, indie, pop grooves.
Make sure you see this immeasurable new talent for yourself.